Cascadia Roleplay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions

+4
yayo
Boo
jray80066
rikk
8 posters

Go down

Suggestions Empty Suggestions

Post by rikk Mon May 08, 2017 4:09 pm

If you have any suggestions for content or the server lore itself, post in this thread. You can also talk to us on steam/discord about it if you don't want to bother posting it here.
rikk
rikk
Admin

https://cascadiaroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Empty Re: Suggestions

Post by jray80066 Mon May 08, 2017 6:14 pm

A array of sorted scripted items, this includes things but not limited to drinks, food, drills, drugs, lock picks, they don't even need to have any function just coded in. By coding in small items this creates actual economy and less ass pull and more business.

jray80066

Back to top Go down

Post by Boo Tue May 09, 2017 11:15 pm

^ Scripted items is a good idea. Prevents a lot of ass pulling items and it's more tempting to spend money on an actual inventory item rather than an IC item. If possible, the addition of junk items with limited spawns around the map could potentially liven up RP by simulating trash/miscellaneous objects gathering up in the city, creating jobs such as garbage men and offering players the potential to find fairly rare items they might need, such as cups, lightbulbs, etc. (No weapons/ammunition).

Simple Weather is also another addition I'd like to see. It contributes a great deal to immersion. Disabling the day/night cycle + snow would probably the best route, but rain and storms would be interesting weather conditions.

Boo

Back to top Go down

Post by yayo Wed May 10, 2017 1:32 pm

Boo wrote:^ Scripted items is a good idea. Prevents a lot of ass pulling items and it's more tempting to spend money on an actual inventory item rather than an IC item. If possible, the addition of junk items with limited spawns around the map could potentially liven up RP by simulating trash/miscellaneous objects gathering up in the city, creating jobs such as garbage men and offering players the potential to find fairly rare items they might need, such as cups, lightbulbs, etc. (No weapons/ammunition).

Simple Weather is also another addition I'd like to see. It contributes a great deal to immersion. Disabling the day/night cycle + snow would probably the best route, but rain and storms would be interesting weather conditions.

I disagree with the desire for food and drink items. The food that will be served by actual player-ran restaurants will not match whatever arbitrary items we add to the server.

I have played on numerous servers running a restaurant or similar. On none of them did the food or drink items match what I made. To match a decent place's restaurant on a roleplay server, you're going to have to script in a lot of items and probably add a model pack.

That's a lot of work for very little reward. Plus, it forces the people stimulating the server by providing this roleplay to take home even less profit. Here's a fact: Running a restaurant on an RP server isn't very profitable. You will never hit the numbers even a place doing poorly will hit in real life.

Plus, this is roleplay. Use your imagination. We only need items / scripts for weapons and other important objects that need to be kept track of.
yayo
yayo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boo Wed May 10, 2017 7:25 pm

yayo wrote:
I disagree with the desire for food and drink items. The food that will be served by actual player-ran restaurants will not match whatever arbitrary items we add to the server.

I have played on numerous servers running a restaurant or similar. On none of them did the food or drink items match what I made. To match a decent place's restaurant on a roleplay server, you're going to have to script in a lot of items and probably add a model pack.

That's a lot of work for very little reward. Plus, it forces the people stimulating the server by providing this roleplay to take home even less profit. Here's a fact: Running a restaurant on an RP server isn't very profitable. You will never hit the numbers even a place doing poorly will hit in real life.

Fair points. Yes, it would be a lot of work to add food models for every single type of food people are making, but I was thinking this to be more of a QOL change down the line and not something that needs to be implemented immediately. But I too have owned quite a number of establishments ranging from cafes, soup kitchens, and other such eateries and I've noticed people are reluctant to purchase food items already. Although I was pleasantly surprised at the number of people who were willing to frequent Dinos.

Maybe once the server is running at a good pop, we can consider the addition of more immersion enhancing passive items.

Boo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiruclanz Fri May 12, 2017 10:05 am

Use advanced duplicator 2, not 1 https://github.com/wiremod/advdupe2

Also regarding food, you should have vague names and models to match. Like "small plate of food," "large plate of food," "takeout meal," "medium drink," "alcoholic beverage," etc. instead of a ton of specific items. Save specific names for incredibly common, generic stuff like "bottled water," "canned soda," stuff like that.

Players should start out with a suitcase or something instead of having to buy more storage. It'd make sense for someone moving into town.

kiruclanz

Back to top Go down

Post by rikk Fri May 12, 2017 4:55 pm

kiruclanz wrote:Use advanced duplicator 2, not 1 https://github.com/wiremod/advdupe2

Also regarding food, you should have vague names and models to match. Like "small plate of food," "large plate of food," "takeout meal," "medium drink," "alcoholic beverage," etc. instead of a ton of specific items. Save specific names for incredibly common, generic stuff like "bottled water," "canned soda," stuff like that.

Players should start out with a suitcase or something instead of having to buy more storage. It'd make sense for someone moving into town.

We actually are using advanced dupe 2. I think there are some default foods, but I might have to add actual food items later.
rikk
rikk
Admin

https://cascadiaroleplay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by yayo Sat May 13, 2017 12:08 pm

kiruclanz wrote:Use advanced duplicator 2, not 1 https://github.com/wiremod/advdupe2

I like this.
yayo
yayo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kiruclanz Sun May 14, 2017 5:21 pm

remove the vignette, the darkness in the corners. it hurts some people's eyes and it's distracting.

if you still don't know what vignette is (most people don't):
https://www.google.com/search?q=vignette&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS700US700&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiR5oqnqPDTAhXB7SYKHSGZAekQ_AUICigB&biw=2048&bih=1048

also you guys should remove the day/night system that atmos does while we're on newbrazil cause it's a night time map so all it does is make interiors darker lol

kiruclanz

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceMahGoose Sun May 14, 2017 9:53 pm

I know music isn't a lot peoples' forte, but I believe that Nombat, an ambient music mood, can add to the atmosphere.

THE PACK ITSELF

THE BASE

While not really the most important mod of all time, I personally think it adds to the atmosphere. Others may disagree, but I do believe there is an option to mute it. I implore you guys to try it and give some feedback.
BruceMahGoose
BruceMahGoose

Back to top Go down

Post by Boo Sun May 14, 2017 9:57 pm

Seeing as how this is a reply to a thread, I'll keep this short. Even if we were able to achieve 40 players every single day, gs_newbrazil would be way too big. While we were on Fractured Ethos on C08, you were lucky to see 5-10 people on the streets on a full server and C08 is tiny. It's kind of empty feeling to look down gs_newbrazil's huge streets and see a scattering of 2-3 people since Cyberpunk is more commonly attributed with densely packed streets and alleyways which is why I'm suggesting we move to this updated verison of Caldern which has fixed the empty skybox issues of the previous versions. This version also expands upon the map, removing the railway and including an entire housing block + a medical area and a club.

tl;dr: gs_newbrazil no bueno. Caldern is more fitting for our player count.

Boo

Back to top Go down

Post by kiruclanz Sun May 14, 2017 11:24 pm

God please not Caldern. It's a glorified Dark RP map. It's well designed but it is the worst choice asthetic wise, and you can only cover up so much with props and the ambience is deafening.

The city 8 map FE used was perfect imo.

Edit: Caldern actually shares some pieces of the map with City 8.

kiruclanz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sppectre Mon May 15, 2017 10:53 am

I suggest adding an "Autism Containment Zone" thread (Original name, I know, came up with it by myself) so we can all contain our inner shitposting. Just a friendly suggestion. :]

do it you little shit
Sppectre
Sppectre

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceMahGoose Mon May 15, 2017 5:23 pm

We have to remember that the current map is far too big, and City 08 doesn't have enough buildings to be suitable for faction making.

We have to find a new map, but what it is is up in the air.

edit: gs_newbraz(s?)il, as many others have said, is one of the worst maps to have atmos on.

If you are so keen on staying on a bad map, remove atmos.
BruceMahGoose
BruceMahGoose

Back to top Go down

Post by PrinceEzrik Tue May 16, 2017 10:32 pm

http://www.strawpoll.me/12982288/
This is the poll to decide on a new map (or whether we should even have one).

http://www.strawpoll.me/12982344/
This is the poll to decide on whether or not we're keeping the F3 system.
Enjoy.

PrinceEzrik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum